Forwarding Team leader
Forwarding Team leader
The pivotal point of our forwarding department
7500 REASONS TO CHOOSE FOR H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable player in the logistics sector, but above all a family business that has offered jobs and job security since 1928. Our 7500 colleagues are ambitious people who dare to do business, are ready to seize opportunities and make a difference every day with simplicity. This enables us as a company to invest continuously in growth with a positive outlook on the future. Our people are our engine. We take care of their personal and professional development, provide them with modern equipment and pay attention to the work-life balance. Yes, our 7500 colleagues know why they choose H.Essers. We hope you will soon understand why! We are looking for a Forwarding Team leader.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Essentially, you ensure the smooth operation and continuity of our forwarding department by steering and supporting our forwarding team and bring in new business to increase it. You are responsible for the further professionalization of the department by continuously evaluating the existing processes and adjusting them where necessary. What else?
- As a team leader, you take care of the team and the permanent development of your colleagues. You count on the support of the manager when it comes to steering, coaching and enthusing.
- In addition to managing and coordinating our forwarding team, you make sure that the workload is well attuned so that the activities can run smoothly.
- Like no other, you succeed in aligning the current knowledge of the employees with the current processes and procedures.
- You monitor the activities and provide support to the services in order to ensure the proper functioning of the service.
- Taking care of a smooth operational implementation of new customers is also part of your challenging tasks.
- As a team leader, you will act as a point of contact for both internal and external colleagues and order to provide advice in specific matters. Developing a network is also part of this.
- You follow up on the usual KPIs, you work closely together with the Compliance team and you are responsible for drawing up and following up the holiday planning and the occupancy rate.
- You will lead and pilot the training and monitoring of the forwarding software called: Soloplan Carlo for the benefit of the department.
- You will work closely with the sales department to find and win new forwarding accounts.
- Finally, you will work closely with the team to consolidate and strengthen business relationships with the different forwarding partners distributed worldwide
WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING
As team leader forwarding YOU are the main point of contact for forwarding suppliers and customers. No administrative bottleneck is too great for you. Like no other, you know how to sort out procedures, regulations and quality standards and you succeed in optimising them. You demonstrate people management and sales skills, a hands-on mentality in which accuracy and customer focus are of paramount importance. Even when things get busier, you manage to support your team with the necessary maturity, independence and professionalism, as well as speaking to customers and suppliers. Since you meet national and international suppliers and customers, you can easily address them in Spanish and English, both verbally and in writing.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
You will be part of an experienced and close-knit team, so you will always receive the necessary support, and in turn offer it to our customers. Colleagues will guide you through the fascinating world of forwarding and all the administrative processes and flows that go with it. Within our operations, no day is the same! This provides the necessary variety in addition to the wide range of tasks you already have. Finally, we always want to provide our customers with the very best service so that every improvement suggestion
JOIN OUR (BIG) FAMILY
88 branches in 19 countries, 7.500 employees, one million square meters of warehouse, 1.440 trucks and 2.000 ISO tanks. Yes, H.Essers is a major logistics service provider and an established value for our strategic customer segments Pharma, Chemicals, Infra and Parts. As an asset-based family business, we can guarantee short decision lines that allow you to react quickly. This offers you the necessary guarantee for a perfect service to your customers. It is the ideal combination for both satisfied customers as well as employees!