Sales Executive | Manchester
Huktra is part of the H. Essers group, and has grown into one of the major European intermodal logistics service providers in the chemicals sector since it's inception in 1976. We own and operate a fleet of in excess of 900 tank containers which are utilised in the transportation of a wide range of chemicals and food stuffs. Our principle areas of activity are liquid chemicals, dry bulk chemicals (powders) and liquid food stuffs. We have an annual turnover of over 50 million Euros and employ more than fifty staff across in locations in Belgium (HQ), UK, Spain and Italy.
The continued expansion of our commercial activities in Manchester mean that we are now looking to recruit a Sales Executive. After a detailed and thorough training program at our office in Manchester and our head office in Zeebrugge you will be responsible for the expansion and development of our customer portfolio in the UK and Ireland.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Intensive customer acquisition in the bulk liquid and powder markets.
- Researching, contacting and visiting potential new customers. Utilising a variety of data sources.
- Managing the implementation of new business, with a specific focus on further opportunities and expansion.
- Developing existing customer relationships in order to expand business opportunities.
- Perpetuating the Huktra brand and reputation through commercial awareness and integrity.
- You have existing preliminary experience in a commercial role, preferably within the transport industry.
- Having an existing network of contacts within the chemical industry would be a decisive asset.
- You have a strong commercial drive and enjoy the challenge of identifying and winning new business.
- Networking is in your DNA, and you are result orientated and customer focused.
- You are quality-conscious, proactive and creative in finding customer solutions.
- You have a persuasive personality and excellent negotiating skills.
- You are flexible, have excellent communication skills and are naturally co-operative with colleagues and customers alike.
An interesting and challenging position in an international environment and training by experienced co-workers.