Business Development Manager
To expand our Business Unit High Value Transport at Lommel, we are currently looking for a Business Development Manager.
As a business development manager, within our High Value unit in Lommel, you are responsible for the growth of H.Essers by managing and expanding existing key accounts and by looking for new, international customers. Your mainfocus will be searching for new customers in a proactive manner and build a thorough knowledge of the chemical and hazardous goods market.
You strive for expanding a transportation business with a commercial heart and soul. Within a Belgian & West Germany context, you will represent both of the company branches, namely warehousing and transportation, especially for the chemical business. You have an effective communication style, which allows you to educate the senior management in your vision about this market, as well to maintain contact with previous customers and attract new customers.
- The expansion and growth of the Business Unit High Value Transport within H.Essers :
- Attracting new customers for H.Essers :
- Volumes on our strategic lanes (North-East / South-East)
- Focus on (but not limited to) key segments: high value-chemicals
- Mainly FTL business
- Developing a network and actively taking part in networking events within the industry
- Working within a European context
- Initially for transport
- Promotion of value added services
- Analyze transportation flows of the prospects and design creative, innovating solutions
- You have a strong sense for new market trends and can translate them into realistic new market targets
You have a strong commercial background in B2B, preferably in chemistry and logistics/transportation.
You are a hunter at heart with a strong commercial drive and you like the challenge of the enlargement of the chemical business within H.Essers.
Networking is your second nature and you're a persuasive negotiator.
You are proactive, results-oriented and customer-friendly.
You are quality minded, innovative and creative in finding solutions.
You are flexible, highly communicative and cooperative.
You have a working knowledge of English and Dutch.
You can expect an exciting, challenging job with lots of variety. As a family business, the atmosphere at H.Essers is relaxed and direct consultation with your colleagues is a natural thing. Our values of entrepreneurship, reliability, positivism, care and simplicity are of paramount importance to us. At H.Essers, as an international and innovative logistics player, you set your sights far beyond national borders.
In exchange for your efforts, we offer you an attractive salary with an extensive package of extra-legal benefits. We also provide a training package tailored to your needs and there are solid career opportunities thanks to our (inter)national expansion.