Manager Warehouse | Genk
The operational force in our warehouses.
6560 REASONS TO CHOOSE FOR H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable player in the logistics sector, but above all a family business that has offered jobs and job security since 1928. Our 6560 colleagues are ambitious people who dare to do business, are ready to seize opportunities and make a difference every day with simplicity. This enables us as a company to invest continuously in growth with a positive outlook on the future. Our people are our engine. We take care of their personal and professional development, provide them with modern equipment and pay attention to the work-life balance. Yes, our 6560 colleagues know why they choose H.Essers.
We hope you will soon understand why! We are looking a manager warehouse.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Supervising, of course! Your main task is to manage, organize and supervise the logistic activities in our warehouses.
- You show yourself a committed people manager who knows how to steer, coach and enthuse his/her team leaders like no other.
- As SPOC for one or more customers, you strive for optimal customer satisfaction.
- Together with the site operations manager you monitor the – fixed and variable – costs within your operations and save where possible.
- Safety is essential! You actively contribute to the policy within our zero-incident culture.
- In order to optimize the quality of our logistic services, you stimulate internal consultation and collaboration across the different teams.
- Based on your thorough knowledge of operations, you will participate in change and improvement projects within the framework of Continuous Improvement.
WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING
As a manager warehouse, you can count on an extensive set of people skills that you combine with an entrepreneurial mind-set and a broad knowledge of warehouse management. As a point of contact for our client, a service-oriented attitude is central. Your analytical and solution-oriented attitude, your strong communication skills and your diplomatic attitude make you the bridge builder we are looking for to lead our warehouse operations.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
We offer you the opportunity to develop your aspirations as an entrepreneur and business-owner into practice within a logistics context. After all, as a manager warehouse you are the centrepiece between the warehouse operations, the customers and our higher management. This makes you the go-to-person when it comes to operational activities for one or more customers. You can count on our extensive training offer to help you further develop the competencies that are important for you to be able to grow and evolve.
JOIN OUR (BIG) FAMILY
77 branches in 19 countries, 6,560 employees, one million square meters of warehouse, 1,475 trucks and 2,000 ISO tanks. Yes, H.Essers is a major logistics service provider and an established value for our strategic customer segments Pharma, Chemicals, Infra and Parts. Our flat structure ensures short and fast decision lines on the one hand, while offering our employees the opportunity to contribute actively to our success story on a daily basis on the other hand. Room for autonomy and initiative within our no nonsense and can-do culture are a perfect combination to develop our climate of entrepreneurship and constitute the pillars of our stable growth.