Dispatcher Logistics | Genk
You are the key figure in planning and organising the warehouse.
6560 REASONS TO CHOOSE H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable player in the logistics sector but, above all, we are a family business that has offered jobs and job security since 1928. Our 6560 enterprising employees have a passion for doing business, are ready to seize opportunities and command a simple way of making a big difference every day. This enables us as a company to continuously invest in growth and maintain a positive vision for the future. Our people drive our company. We look after their personal and professional development by providing them with state-of-the-art work equipment and by taking into consideration the importance of their work-life balance. Our 6560 employees know why to choose H.Essers.
Do you want to be part of this experience? We’re looking for a logistics dispatcher.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Your main aim as a logistics dispatcher is to make sure the customers are satisfied. You make the best possible use of situations, staff and time to load and unload vehicles. In doing so, you take export/import, charters and special works into account.
- Distributing, checking and handling of freight lists, to ensure the operators’ distribution work runs smoothly.
- Assisting warehouse employees with problems, proposing solutions and offering support.
- Solving problems with freight lists and consulting with foreman, head foreman and planners.
- Receiving CMRs and waybills from drivers to record all changes to the CMR after unloading the vehicle (charters).
- Managing bays, semi-trailers, shuttles and swap bodies.
- Locating empty trailers in the system, planning and communicating with planners or transport administration.
- Maintaining contact with other services to ensure excellent interaction.
- Preparing maritime shipments.
- Crossdock planning setup: Proactively responding to known in/outbound flows (maritime/road); manage pallets through the crossdock, taking into account outbound country routing; managing (large) consignments in the warehouse, taking the fill rate of the warehouse / locations and type of shipment; as well as possible outbound planning when routing a shipment through the crossdock into account.
- Keeping a critical eye on the planned inbound flows, anticipating crossdock fill rates, reviewing large consignments on the back of the truck that need to be unloaded and fine-tuning these with transport planning.
- Monitoring all in/outbound, scanning and administrative processes: prevent loading/unloading without scanning; correct in/out time registration of shipments; check completeness and correctness of in/outbound documentation.
WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING
Your organisational skills and solutions-oriented approach to activities will ensure efficient warehouse planning. As a pivotal figure in this process, you will step forward when the situation requires and you are capable of making decisions. Not everything will go according to your schedule, every day holds surprises. You know how to remain calm and by using powerful and clear communication skills, you succeed in motivating the parties involved to arrive at the appropriate solution together.
Efficient and cost-effective planning comes naturally to you.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
The opportunity to be part of a top team that is at your service 24 hours a day, seeking solutions together. A family atmosphere at work, and colleagues with a hands-on mindset. The best and fully ‘customised’ IT solutions developed by our own IT department. A challenging job in an international environment, close to home and no traffic congestion. Need any more reasons?
JOIN OUR (BIG) FAMILY
77 sites in 19 countries, 6,560 employees, one million square metres of warehousing, 1,475 trucks and 2,000 ISO tanks. Yes, H.Essers is a great (big) logistics service provider and an established asset for our strategic customer segments in Pharma, Chemicals, Infra and Parts.
Join us in the H.ESSERS adventure. You will be guaranteed plenty of variety, challenges, independence and satisfaction. Just roll up your sleeves and put yourself forward for this challenge!