Project Manager Sustainability | Genk
The engine of our logistic growth.
6560 REASONS TO CHOOSE FOR H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable player in the logistics sector, but above all a family business that has offered jobs and job security since 1928. Our 6560 colleagues are ambitious people who dare to do business, are ready to seize opportunities and make a difference every day with simplicity. This enables us as a company to invest continuously in growth with a positive outlook on the future. Our people are our engine. We take care of their personal and professional development, provide them with modern equipment and pay attention to the work-life balance. Yes, our 6560 colleagues know why they choose H.Essers.
We hope you will soon understand why! We are looking for a Sustainability Project Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- The Sustainability project manager helps to shape and subsequently implement our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
- In the role of project manager, you coordinate/implement our sustainability projects from A-Z, monitoring progress in terms of timing, scope and budget at all times.
- As a CSR discussion partner across the BUs, you also manage all the data and KPIs relating to sustainability (energy consumption, Co2 footprint, etc.).
- As a company, we have set out 5 lines of action, more specifically the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations. You are responsible for the concrete implementation of these objectives:
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, Innovation and infrastructure
- Climate action
- In addition to being an internal discussion partner, as a project manager you are the SPOC to present these initiatives and developments to our clients or even to develop them further in co-creation with them.
- You proactively propose improvements in order to optimise performance. You develop the concept and evaluate the technical and financial feasibility.
- You draw up a sustainability report every year.
WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING
You are a born leader who strives for and exudes quality and solidity. Your passion for sustainable energy makes you the ideal coordinator of our sustainability projects. With your excellent knowledge of supply chain and project management, you know how to turn our logistics projects – together with your cross-functional team – into success stories that are in line with our ambitious and sustainable growth strategy.
You lead and supervise your project team by using your strong organisational skills, strong communication skills and contagious enthusiasm.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
The opportunity to embark on ambitious projects that have a substantial impact on our organization. These projects are essential in our growth strategy and determine the direction of our further evolution. Of course, this growth goes hand in hand with the professional growth of our employees. Join a leading family business where you can use your own creativity and responsibilities to reduce the ecological footprint to a minimum. Entrepreneurship and innovation are stimulated throughout the organisation, allowing you to develop your own initiatives autonomously.
JOIN OUR (BIG) FAMILY
77 branches in 19 countries, 6,560 employees, one million square meters of warehouse, 1,475 trucks and 2,000 ISO tanks. Yes, H.Essers is a major logistics service provider and an established value for our strategic customer segments Pharma, Chemicals, Infra and Parts. Our flat structure ensures short and fast decision lines on the one hand, while offering our employees the opportunity to contribute actively to our success story on a daily basis on the other hand. Room for autonomy and initiative within our no nonsense and can-do culture are a perfect combination to develop our climate of entrepreneurship and constitute the pillars of our stable growth.