Professional Sustainability Analyst | Genk
7500 REASONS TO CHOOSE H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable family business in the logistics sector. A place where our 7,500 ambitious colleagues dare to be entrepreneurial, grab opportunities and make a difference every day. Because sustainable growth is something we do together. There are so many reasons to choose H.Essers, which ones are yours?
For our site in Genk, we are looking for a Professional Sustainability Analyst.
H.Essers is fully committed to a sustainable strategy. Our ambitions are aligned with the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: good health and well-being, quality education, decent work and economic growth, industry, innovation & infrastructure and climate action. The responsibility to achieve our sustainability strategy is carried throughout our organization.
As a Professional Sustainability Analyst, you will support the organization together with the Senior Expert Sustainability to manage this.
More specifically, what do you do?
- You consolidate relevant data and generate valuable business insights. You play an essential role in documenting how we define and measure sustainability metrics. You ensure the smooth running of audits, as well as the international implementation of these metrics, for example after acquisitions.
- Your analyses and follow-up support our sustainability governance. You are the driving force behind the status updates we provide on the sustainability steerco, to the board of directors, to our C-REPS, and to various internal departments.
- In addition, you are responsible for H.Essers’ annual reporting through various channels, such as our own sustainability report, EcoVadis and CDP Climate Change. Moreover, you support or lead projects for implementation of new metrics and targets, new reporting requirements or structural reporting. You are always looking for best practices in third-party reports and disclosures.
- The management of implemented sustainable solutions is also in good hands with you. Thanks to your accurate follow-up, our CO2 reporting at customer level and our HVO insetting solution run smoothly, including the annual external assurance audit. You will also become a key figure for future solutions, so you will always be involved in projects.
- In the role of project support, you work closely with our Senior Expert Sustainability, and support the follow-up and realization of the projects on the corporate sustainability roadmap.
- Furthermore, you support our commercial department in the field of sustainability, with the validation of client-specific information or calculations for sustainable solutions, as well as answering ESG questions from clients.
- Finally, you are part of the corporate sustainability team. As the first point of contact, you are in daily contact with our international colleagues, suppliers and customers for questions regarding sustainability. Clear communication is key.
- You have a Master’s degree.
- You are passionate about sustainability, in the broadest sense of the word.
- You have a keen interest in the Supply Chain Sector.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking is completely your thing, you always bring a critical and positive view, and you make others think with your insights.
- With your excellent organizational skills, you bring structure and efficiency, and support the follow-up of our sustainability roadmap, individual projects and actions, KPI’s, but also legislation, risks and opportunities.
- You enjoy variety, working independently and teamwork.
- You can communicate clearly both orally and in writing at all levels in Dutch and English.
- Your attractive salary is supplemented with meal & eco cheques, group and hospitalization insurance, Flex Income Plan and My Essers Benefits.
- You can also count on an extensive holiday scheme and the option of teleworking.
- Supported by our vision of ‘Lifelong Learning’, the H.Essers Academy offers you a free choice of various training courses that contribute to your personal development.
- Your physical and mental health are strengthened through H.Essers’ Fit2Grow health program.
- Your greatest asset is without doubt your place within the strong H.Essers family.