Supply Chain Innovation Manager | Genk
You are our innovation expert!
6560 REASONS TO CHOOSE FOR H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable player in the logistics sector, but above all a family business that has offered jobs and job security since 1928. Our 6560 colleagues are ambitious people who dare to do business, are ready to seize opportunities and make a difference every day with simplicity. This enables us as a company to invest continuously in growth with a positive outlook on the future. Our people are our engine. We take care of their personal and professional development, provide them with modern equipment and pay attention to the work-life balance. Yes, our 6560 colleagues know why they choose H.Essers.
We hope you will soon understand why! We are looking for a Supply Chain Innovation Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As Supply Chain Innovation Manager, you are responsible for managing the TomorrowLOG programme. From the customer’s perspective, we look at process innovation in the field of warehousing, transport and administration as data in combination with the latest (digital) technologies.
- In the role of Supply Chain Innovation Manager, you will identify new trends in innovation and look at their application within the world of warehousing and transport. You supervise the process from idea to finalizing the proof of value in collaboration with the business, IT and 3rd parties.
- You are responsible for managing the ‘TomorrowLOG’ innovation portfolio in which all innovation projects are consolidated.
- You lead the governance around innovation with project team meetings, steerco’s and the innovation board meetings. You will be able to switch between the bigger strategic story and the hands on operations.
- As a born networker, you know better than anyone does how to expand your network and establish contacts with relevant actors, organisations and agencies.
- You speak the language of the business, but you also understand IT.
- For some innovation projects, you take the lead and are responsible for project management.
- The further development of our innovation strategy is also one of your challenging tasks.
WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING
As Supply Chain Innovation Manager, you are a born people manager and are committed to profitability, efficiency and innovation. You are also a born team player, time manager and pragmatist with analytical insights. Your experience, knowledge and insights within a similar position form the perfect basis. In order to achieve all this, you can build a relationship of trust with internal and external stakeholders like no other. By offering out-of-the-box solutions and a clear vision, you know how to convince others.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
The opportunity to embark on ambitious projects that have a substantial impact on our organization. These projects are essential in our growth strategy and determine the direction of our further evolution. Of course, this growth goes hand in hand with the professional growth of our employees. Your knowledge of logistics and project management is given every opportunity to develop further and your innovative, sustainable suggestions and ideas will be heard quickly thanks to our flat structure.
JOIN OUR (BIG) FAMILY
77 branches in 19 countries, 6,560 employees, one million square meters of warehouse, 1,475 trucks and 2,000 ISO tanks. Yes, H.Essers is a major logistics service provider and an established value for our strategic customer segments Pharma, Chemicals, Infra and Parts.
Our flat structure ensures short and fast decision lines on the one hand, while offering our employees the opportunity to contribute actively to our success story on a daily basis on the other hand. Room for autonomy and initiative within our no nonsense and can-do culture are a perfect combination to develop our climate of entrepreneurship and constitute the pillars of our stable growth.