Operational Management Trainee (Transport) | Lommel
Tomorrow’s operational leaders!
6560 REASONS TO CHOOSE H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable player in the logistics sector but, above all, we are a family business that has offered jobs and job security since 1928. Our 6560 enterprising employees have a passion for doing business, are ready to seize opportunities and command a simple way of making a big difference every day. This enables us as a company to continuously invest in our growth with a positive outlook for the future. Our people drive our company. We look after their personal and professional development by providing them with state-of-the-art work equipment, and by taking into consideration the importance of their work-life balance. Our 6560 employees know why to choose H.Essers.
Do you want to be part of this experience? We are looking for an Operational Management Trainee
H.Essers is looking for motivated, recent graduates who want to invest in themselves in order to achieve a leading operational role in the long term. We are a fast-growing company with several locations both at home and abroad. The decision to invest in young, recently graduated top performers is a conscious one. We want to work together on a long-term relationship, and consequently invest in your development as a fully-fledged professional. As an H.Essers employee, you will be part of a larger community in which the possibilities are extensive. We offer our young, recent graduates Operational Management Trainee programmes in Transportation .
What does that mean?
A one-year training course in which you will have the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in our Business Unit High Value:
- Initially, you will gain insight into the various flows within this business unit.
- You will participate in a number of optimisation and/or implementation projects within the organization.
- You will provide support to the Administrators, Team Leaders and operations manager in order to manage the day-to-day operation. This could include preparing meetings with international clients, and also representing their interests within the organization as the right hand of the Operations Manager and teammanagers.
- You will receive an Introduction to the responsibilities of our support services: Engineering (process optimization & project implementation), Business Development (tender process), IT (business analysis) and active participation in current projects.
- Training, training, training. Ranging from our own TMS and WMS systems to ADR/GDP/Safety/Security legislation.
At every stage, you may give a presentation regarding your experiences and make suggestions for improvements. You will be supervised by experienced colleagues and assigned a permanent mentor from the transport management team.
A diploma at higher education level in economics, with a preference for logistics, is required. You have a marked interest in the supply chain and are determined to excel in this field over time. You are sociable, and able to communicate clearly and constructively on different levels. Finally, you have the healthy ambition to eventually achieve a leading position within the transport operations.
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity of a highly successful traineeship that will transform you into a logistics expert and give you the best opportunities to develop within an ambitious growth narrative. We will immerse you in warehouse operations to give you a flavour of how all our support services work. A family atmosphere, and an excellent work-life balance.
JOIN OUR (BIG) FAMILY
85 sites in 19 countries, 6,560 employees, one million square metres of warehousing, 1,475 trucks and 1.800 ISO tanks. Yes, H.Essers is a great (big) logistics service provider and an established asset for our strategic customer segments in Pharma, Chemicals, Infra and Parts. Our flat structure ensures short and fast decision lines on the one hand, while offering our employees the opportunity to contribute actively to our success story on a daily basis on the other hand. Room for autonomy and initiative within our no nonsense and can-do culture are a perfect combination to develop our climate of entrepreneurship and constitute the pillars of our stable growth.