Business Unit Manager | Genk
Define the strategy for your warehouse customers and operations.
6560 REASONS TO CHOOSE FOR H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable player in the logistics sector, but above all a family business that has offered jobs and job security since 1928. Our 6560 colleagues are ambitious people who dare to do business, are ready to seize opportunities and make a difference every day with simplicity. This enables us as a company to invest continuously in growth with a positive outlook on the future. Our people are our engine. We take care of their personal and professional development, provide them with modern equipment and pay attention to the work-life balance. Yes, our 6560 colleagues know why they choose H.Essers.
We hope you will soon understand why! We are looking for a Business Unit Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In the role of Business Unit Manager, you are responsible for one or more warehousing sites. You hold a key position within a multi-customer warehouse environment with customers from various sectors. By translating your vision into concrete objectives, you act as the financial, operational and commercial manager responsible for the results and success of this business unit.
What does this mean concretely?
- Based on your logistics expertise and strategic insight, you are ultimately responsible for drawing up the strategic business unit annual plan. You take into account the returns and optimisations within the Business Unit and know how to translate these into action plans to implement them.
- Developing a long-term relationship with our customers is your top priority. Expanding your network and strengthening your own market position with existing customers is your top priority.
- As a real people manager, you lead a team of Operations Managers, acting as a facilitator and coach to achieve personal and professional growth.
- In addition, you attach great importance to innovation and sustainable development, which you know how to convey to the various layers within and outside your operations.
- Finally, as Business Unit Manager, you are responsible for, among other things, conducting budget discussions, motivating investment proposals, determining the financial feasibility of investments, drawing up an annual budget with regard to, among other things, turnover, manpower, Gross and Net Profit.
WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING
As Business Unit Manager, you are the strategic thinker who knows how to translate the organisation’s objectives into an operational structure. As a born networker and from a strong commercial insight, you know better than anyone does how to make connections with internal and external stakeholders and how to set up long-term partnerships. You are also a born people manager who, based on his strong vision and values, can coach and motivate his operational managers in order to lift them to a higher level. Given your great sense of responsibility in a rapidly changing environment, we can rely on your strong operational expertise. Your decisiveness will enable you to thrive in this fast-changing environment and your stress-resistance will enable you to deal flexibly with changing challenges and keep your cool at all times.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
The opportunity to generate impact with an experienced and collegial team. You are the liaison and the representation of the organization to the higher management of your national and international clients. Together with your team, you strive daily to put the principle ‘customer is king’ into practice. Our growth goes hand in hand with the professional growth of our employees. So also with yours! We welcome you in a flat structure in which your innovative proposals and ideas are heard.
JOIN OUR (BIG) FAMILY
85 branches in 19 countries, 6,560 employees, one million square meters of warehouse, 1,475 trucks and 1,800 ISO tanks. Yes, H.Essers is a major logistics service provider and an established value for our strategic customer segments Pharma, Chemicals, Infra and Parts. As an asset-based family business, we can guarantee short decision lines that allow you to react quickly. This offers you the necessary guarantee for a perfect service to your customers. It is the ideal combination for both satisfied customers as well as employees!