System Engineer | Genk
7500 REASONS TO CHOOSE H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable family business in the logistics sector. A place where our 7.500 ambitious colleagues dare to be entrepreneurial, grab opportunities and make a difference every day. Because sustainable growth is something we do together. There are so many reasons to choose H.Essers, which ones are yours?
For our site in Genk, we are looking for a System Engineer.
Our IT infrastructure, your playground! As a System Engineer, you are the system wizard responsible for designing, implementing, managing and maintaining our IT infrastructure. This infrastructure forms the backbone of all H.Essers’ business processes and business needs. Specifically, this means:
- Installing new servers, upgraded software and latest technologies. Our existing systems are in optimal condition and stability thanks to your expert maintenance.
- Our systems and associated data are safe for use and secured from external breaches.
- Based on your expertise, you proactively think about further improvements and optimisations of the current infrastructure. You make proposals for these and we give you the space to work them out and implement them.
- As an owner of your systems, you keep a close eye on market developments and critically examine whether they fit within our current infrastructure. We count on your recommendations here.
- From your area of expertise, you also offer third-line support to your IT colleagues.
Your education or experience makes you the designated expert in various IT knowledge domains. Thanks to your strong communication skills, you succeed in formulating clear solutions to complex issues. Thanks to your customer and service-oriented attitude, our colleagues can always come to you with their specific questions. Working from a structured and project-based approach is second nature to you. As a team player, with a positive mindset, you contribute to the pleasant atmosphere in a particularly stable team of IT professionals. You excel in one or more knowledge domains, certification is a plus:
- Active Directory GPO’s, DFS, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Skype For Business 2019
- Microsoft 365 For Business
- Windows SQL
- Scripting: PowerShell, Python, Bash
- Multicloud: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud…
- Automation/Integration: API, Microservices, Microsoft System Center Orchestrator
- DevOps Principles: CI/CD, Kubernetes, Pipelines, Terraform
- In addition to your attractive salary, we offer meal & eco cheques, group and hospitalisation insurance, company car, smartphone, expense allowance and My Essers benefits.
- You can also count on a very extensive leave scheme and the option of teleworking.
- Supported by our vision of ‘Lifelong Learning’, the H.Essers Academy offers you a free choice of various training courses that contribute to your personal development.
- Your physical and mental health are strengthened through H.Essers’ Fit2Grow health programme.
- Your greatest asset is undoubtedly your place within the close-knit H.Essers family.