Software Architect | Genk
7500 REASONS TO CHOOSE H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable family business in the logistics sector. A place where our 7,500 ambitious colleagues dare to do business, seize opportunities and thus make a difference every day. Because sustainable growth is something we do together. There are so many reasons to choose H.Essers, which ones are yours?
Are you a driven Software Architect? Do you want to be part of our dynamic software engineering team and contribute to the growth and innovation of our company? Then we are looking for you!
Welcome to our Software Engineering Team!
As Software Architect you will take a guiding position within an enthusiastic team, responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining Java-based applications that form the backbone of our business processes. You will work closely with technical teams, business analysts and other stakeholders to ensure that our software solutions meet the needs of our users and the goals of the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and guiding projects to successful completion.
Your responsibilities include:
- Technical leadership: You will lead and direct technical teams in designing and implementing solutions, serve as the technical point of contact, and mentor and coach other software engineers and team members within the organization.
- Uniformity of technical decisions: You ensure consistency of technical decisions and guidelines across all applications, including consistency of architecture, frameworks, patterns and technologies.
- Technical vision: You actively collaborate on a technical vision and strategic roadmap, identify relevant technology trends and innovations, and advise on technical strategies to guide project direction for the organization.
- Communication and collaboration: You communicate effectively with various stakeholders, translate complex technical concepts into understandable language for non-technical parties, and collaborate with teams to understand technical requirements and design solutions.
- Project Management: You work with project managers to plan, execute and complete projects.
- Quality Assurance: You will contribute to compliance with development and quality standards and perform testing to ensure that designs are implemented accurately according to specifications.
You will also be exposed to a wide range of technologies and methodologies, including Domain Driven Design, Kubernetes, Spring, Hibernate, Kafka, DB2, Postgres, Azure, Event driven architecture, containerized setup, Vaadin, and more.
As a Software Architect, your expertise is not limited to your technical knowledge; you have other particular talents:
- Java Passion: You are a passionate Java evangelist who is always looking for ways to maximize the potential of this programming language. You have in-depth knowledge of Java and always stay up-to-date of the latest developments in the Java world.
- Technical leadership: You have the ability to inspire and motivate teams to strive for technical excellence.
- Curiosity: You are always looking for new knowledge and skills to improve yourself. You embrace new technologies and concepts and have a strong drive to keep learning and growing in your field.
- Initiative: You enjoy taking the lead in challenging experiments. You are proactive and come up with creative solutions.
- Sense of responsibility: You do not rest until you have found the most appropriate solution to an issue. You take your responsibilities seriously and go for quality in everything you do.
- Problem solving skills: You have strong analytical skills to analyze and solve complex technical problems, and you have critical thinking skills that allow you to consider different approaches.
- Your attractive salary is supplemented with meal & eco cheques, group and hospitalization insurance, company car, smartphone and laptop, expense allowance, Flex Income Plan and My Essers Benefits.
- You can also count on an extensive leave scheme and the option to work hybrid.
- Supported by our vision of ‘Lifelong Learning’, the H.Essers Academy offers you a free choice of various training courses that contribute to your personal development.
- Your physical and mental health are strengthened through the H.Essers health program Fit2Grow.
- Your greatest asset is undoubtedly your place within the close-knit H.Essers family.