Junior System Engineer | Genk
The backbone of our IT-infrastructure.
6560 REASONS TO CHOOSE FOR H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable player in the logistics sector, but above all a family business that has offered jobs and job security since 1928. Our 6560 colleagues are ambitious people who dare to do business, are ready to seize opportunities and make a difference every day with simplicity. This enables us as a company to invest continuously in growth with a positive outlook on the future. Our people are our engine. We take care of their personal and professional development, provide them with modern equipment and pay attention to the work-life balance. Yes, our 6560 colleagues know why they choose H.Essers.
We hope you will soon understand why! We are looking for a Junior System Engineer.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Our IT infrastructure, your playground! As Junior System Engineer, you are the system-wizard responsible for designing, implementing, managing and maintaining our IT-infrastructure. This infrastructure forms the backbone of all business processes and business needs of H.Essers. Concretely this means:
- Installing new servers, improved software and the latest technologies. Our existing systems are in optimal condition and stability thanks to your professional maintenance.
- Our systems and associated data are safe to use and protected from outside intrusion.
- Based on your experience and expertise, you think proactively about further improvements and optimizations of the current infrastructure. You make proposals about this and we give you the necessary space to further elaborate and implement them.
- As the owner of your systems, you closely follow their evolution on the market and critically examine whether they fit within our current infrastructure. We are counting on your recommendations here.
- From your area of expertise, you also offer third-line support to your IT colleagues.
WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING
Because of your extensive experience, you are the designated expert in various IT-knowledge domains. Thanks to your strong communication skills, you can formulate clear solutions for complex issues. Because of your client- and service-oriented attitude, our colleagues can always come to you with their specific questions. It is your second nature to work from a structured and project-based approach. As a team player, you will contribute with a positive mind-set to the pleasant atmosphere in a very stable team of IT professionals.
You excel in one or more knowledge domains; certification is a plus:
- Active Directory GPO’s, DFS, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016
- Microsoft Skype For Business 2019
- Microsoft 365 For Business
- Windows SQL 2012/2016
- Scripting: PowerShell, Python, Bash
- Multicloud: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud…
- Automation/Integration: API, Microservices, Microsoft System Center Orchestrator
- DevOps Principles: CI/CD, Kubernetes, Pipelines, Terraform
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
The opportunity to contribute to the further growth of H.Essers by getting your teeth into diverse, new and challenging projects. You will be part of a workplace where your ideas are heard and appreciated. We develop all our systems in-house and do our own data and network management with a unique data centre. In this way, you can really contribute to the logistics of the future. In short: a great challenge in a growing and leading company, close by and free of traffic jams.
JOIN OUR (BIG) FAMILY
77 branches in 19 countries, 6,560 employees, one million square meters of warehouse, 1,475 trucks and 2,000 ISO tanks. Yes, H.Essers is a major logistics service provider and an established value for our strategic customer segments Pharma, Chemicals, Infra and Parts.
At H.Essers, you will help build complex IT systems that will make a difference for our customers. Challenging and diverse projects, a top team where cooperation is paramount and where you can have an impact.