Prevention Advisor | Genk
7500 REASONS TO CHOOSE H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable family business in the logistics sector. A place where our 7,500 ambitious colleagues dare to be entrepreneurial, grab opportunities and make a difference every day. Because sustainable growth is something we do together. There are so many reasons to choose H.Essers, which ones are yours?
We are looking for a Prevention Advisor for our sites in Belgium, headquartered in Genk.
With the position of Prevention Advisor, we continue to build on our ‘Incident-free’ vision. As Prevention Advisor, you support the implementation of both existing and new guidelines within the Health & Safety section. You are the pioneer, defender and communicator of the safety culture within the various departments across the sites.
More specifically, what do you do?
- In the role of Prevention Advisor, you are a key partner in implementing the Health & Safety policy and you do this in a pragmatic and efficient way.
- Furthermore, you have a real hands-on mentality, helping to raise awareness of safety and well-being at work at an individual level for all warehousing and transport operations.
- You help follow the structure regarding legal obligations and translate these to both the employer and employees.
- You work proactively to increase safety and well-being at work in a constructive way.
- Clear and transparent communication is key and you are in close contact with both employees and operational management.
- Continuous improvement is very important to you. You implement new safety and health procedures, and improve and monitor existing processes.
- You are jointly responsible for drawing up and following up all documentation and reports in accordance with safety regulations.
- With thorough knowledge, you succeed like no other in helping to implement and correctly apply procedures and regulations.
- You demonstrate a diplomatic approach in which you are very solution-oriented.
- Even when things get busy, you manage to carry out your tasks with the necessary analysis and professionalism.
- Since you are in contact with all our employees, you are a strong communicator and you speak to them with the necessary persuasiveness in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of transport and logistics processes is a plus.
- You have the certificate of Prevention Advisor Level 2 (minimum).
- Thorough knowledge of Office tools, and specifically Excel, is necessary.
- You are in possession of driving licence B.
- Knowledge of chemistry and occupational hygiene is definitely a plus.
- Your attractive salary is supplemented with meal and eco cheques, group and hospitalization insurance, company car, smartphone, laptop, expense allowance and My Essers Benefits.
- You can also count on an extensive holiday scheme and the option of teleworking.
- Supported by our vision of ‘Lifelong Learning’, the H.Essers Academy offers you a free choice of various training courses that contribute to your personal development.
- Your physical and mental health are strengthened through H.Essers’ Fit2Grow health program.
- Your greatest asset is without doubt your place within the strong H.Essers family.