Team Manager Customs | Genk
The pivotal point of our Customs-department
6560 REASONS TO CHOOSE FOR H.ESSERS
H.Essers is an international and reliable player in the logistics sector, but above all a family business that has offered jobs and job security since 1928. Our 6560 colleagues are ambitious people who dare to do business, are ready to seize opportunities and make a difference every day with simplicity. This enables us as a company to invest continuously in growth with a positive outlook on the future. Our people are our engine. We take care of their personal and professional development, provide them with modern equipment and pay attention to the work-life balance. Yes, our 6560 colleagues know why they choose H.Essers. We hope you will soon understand why! We are looking for a Teamleader Customs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Essentially, you ensure the smooth operation and continuity of our customs department by steering and supporting our customs declarants. You are responsible for the further professionalization of the department by continuously evaluating the existing processes and adjusting them where necessary. What else?
- As a mentor, you take care of the team and the permanent development of your colleagues. You have no equal when it comes to steering, coaching and enthusing.
- In addition to managing and coordinating our declarants, you make sure that the workload is well attuned so that the activities can run smoothly.
- Like no other, you succeed in aligning the current knowledge of the employees with the current processes and procedures.
- You monitor customs activities and provide support to the customs services within your own region in order to ensure the proper functioning of the service.
- Taking care of a smooth operational implementation of new customers is also part of your challenging tasks.
- As a customs team leader, you will act as a point of contact for both internal and external colleagues and customs services in order to provide advice in specific customs matters. Developing a network of customs agents (subcontractors) is also part of this.
- You follow up on the usual KPIs, you work closely together with the Compliance team and you are responsible for drawing up and following up the holiday planning and the occupancy rate.
- Finally, you take care of the preparation of permit applications and changes.
WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING
As a customs team leader you are a born leader who strives for and radiates quality and solidity.
With your excellent knowledge of NCTS, PLDA, stream software and customs legislation, you and your team know how to turn our logistics and transport processes into success stories that are in line with our ambitious growth strategy. Thanks to your smooth and connecting way of knowledge of people, everyone is well informed and knows what is expected of them. Finally, your organizational qualities and people skills ensure that your team can be deployed in the most efficient way.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
We offer you the opportunity to help write our international success story from the front row. Our family culture guarantees a high level of commitment and collegiality. The extensive training offer makes you the strong leader we are looking for and gives you the opportunity to grow further within our organization. You will be given the opportunity to develop further into an expert in your field.
JOIN OUR (BIG) FAMILY
77 branches in 19 countries, 6,560 employees, one million square meters of warehouse, 1,475 trucks and 2,000 ISO tanks. Yes, H.Essers is a major logistics service provider and an established value for our strategic customer segments Pharma, Chemicals, Infra and Parts. As an asset-based family business, we can guarantee short decision lines that allow you to react quickly. This offers you the necessary guarantee for a perfect service to your customers. It is the ideal combination for both satisfied customers as well as employees!